Are you looking for Veterans Day free meals? Many restaurants offer free meals to retired military members on Veterans Day.
In addition, veteran discounts are available year-round at many different stores across the U.S., from markets and hotels to concerts and theme parks. It may be difficult to know which companies and stores offer discounts, as they are not always advertised. The terms of a discount may also be confusing because some stores only offer discounts to active military members.
Fortunately, there are many organizations such as Vet Tix which cater to veterans and active service members alike. It is also worth asking about discounts for veterans at any store you enter, because you never know what deals may be available. To be better prepared, check out these deals and perks for veterans.
Vet Tix is a non-profit organization that provides veterans and their immediate families with tickets to concerts, games and other events. It also offers tickets to active military members and their immediate families.
The Vet Tix foundation connects with major sports teams, leagues, promoters and organizations each day to obtain free tickets for veterans and military members who request them. To request tickets, you must create an account and verify your status as a veteran or military member.
The veteran tickets foundation also has a hero’s wish program for deployed and wounded military members, as well as the families of military personnel who were killed in action. It aims to give qualified applicants once-in-a-lifetime opportunities and works with these applicants to make sure all of their wishes are met.
Home Improvement and Hardware Store Discounts
As a veteran, you may consider taking advantage of veteran discounts at Home Depot and other home improvement stores. Home Depot offers a 10 percent military discount to veterans, military members and retirees.
Originally, this deal was only available on Veterans Day, Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. Now, it has been expanded to every day of the week.
If you are purchasing an item from the online Home Depot store, you may contact the customer care team by phone for an immediate discount.
There is also a 10 percent Lowe’s online military discount for veterans and military members. Note that the discount is only available on certain qualifying items. To receive discounts at either store, you may be required to verify your identity as a veteran.
For instance, you may be asked to present your Veterans Affairs (VA) healthcare ID card in order to show your service-connected designation. Some stores may give you a discount if you have a driver’s license that shows your veteran status.
Restaurant Discounts on Veterans Day
The Olive Garden Veterans Day discount is another great treat for veterans. If you can demonstrate your veteran status, you will qualify for a free meal. This includes a special Veterans Day menu, which provides you with unlimited soup or salad, unlimited breadsticks and a full entree. The Applebee’s Veterans Day meal is also free to veterans and active duty military members.
If you are looking for free stuff for veterans, many other restaurants offer deals on Veterans Day. For example, the Chick-fil-A Veterans Day deal has traditionally been from 5 to 8 p.m. on November 11 every year. It allows veterans and their immediate families to receive a free meal. The Red Robin Veterans Day deal involves a free double burger and bottomless steak fries, though it does not apply to immediate family members.
Other restaurants that offer Veteran’s Day discounts or free meals include:
- T.G.I. Friday’s
- Texas Roadhouse
- Red Lobster
- Outback Steakhouse
- LongHorn Steakhouse
- Golden Corral
- BJ’s Restaurant
Many restaurants with a veterans day discount will allow you to verify your veteran status in a variety of ways.
For instance, you may receive a discount if you wear your uniform or display a picture of you in uniform, a license that shows your veteran status, a U.S. uniform services retired ID card or a veterans organization card, such as a VA healthcare card.
Note that beverages and tips may not be included in these offers. Make sure that you check out your local restaurants as well, as they may have their own Veteran’s Day deals.
Hotel and Travel Discounts
You may qualify for a military discount at hotels if you are an active or retired military member. In fact, many airlines and hotel companies may offer you substantial discounts if you can prove your active military or veteran status. These include:
- JetBlue. If you are enrolled in Veterans Advantage, you will receive a 5 percent discount on your travel. You may also qualify to check two bags for free.
- Allegiant Air. You and your immediate family can qualify for three free checked bags, a single carry-on, a free pet in the cabin and free over-sized checked bags and you may even pick your seat for free. Priority boarding is also free for veterans and the family members traveling with them.
- Amtrak. You and your immediate family may qualify for a 10 percent discount on Amtrak tickets. Note that this discount may not be combined with other offers.
- Disneyland Resort Hotels. If you are a veteran, you and your spouse may receive a special rate at Disneyland resorts. Tickets to Disney Parks have a military discount as well.
- Hyatt Hotels. You and your immediate family members may qualify for a 10 to 15 percent discount on standard hotel room rates at Hyatt.
- Red Lion Hotels. You and your family may receive a room rate at a 15 percent discount from the best available rate.
Clothing and Shoe Discounts
The Foot Locker military discount is one of many discounts available through different retail stores. In addition, this discount is substantial: active military members and veterans may receive a 20 percent discount on most Foot Locker items. Other clothing and shoe stores that offer a veteran discount include:
- Nike. The Nike military discount applies to veterans and military members. This 10 percent discount is available online and in stores across the U.S.
- L.L. Bean. This clothing store may take reduce your purchase cost by 10 percent if you are a veteran. Keep in mind that you must verify yourself through Sheer ID.
- Finish Line. The Finish Line military discount consists of a 10 percent discount for purchases made in-store.
- Hanes. If you are a veteran and can verify your status through Troop ID, you may qualify for a 10 percent discount on Hanes products. Note that your discount may only reach a maximum of $10 per order.
- New York & Company. NY&C offers a substantial discount of 30 percent on purchases in-store if you verify your military status with Troop ID.
- KEEN Footwear. This company offers a substantial discount of 50 percent for veterans, active-duty military members and their spouses. To receive the discount, applicants must apply online.
The Target military discount applies to both veterans and active military members. If you qualify, a 10 percent discount will apply to purchases of $70 or more. Even though the Target veteran discount and other store discounts may not seem like much, they may be combined with certain other offers.
While there is no Walmart military discount, Walmart strives to offer many opportunities for veterans through their “hiring our heroes” program, the Coalition for Veteran Owned Business and more. Other supermarkets work to support veterans in similar ways.